A new law is taking place and this is called The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and this are concerned with your personal information that V2Recovery Ltd collects, store and share in the course of providing a therapeutic service.
This information below is about what you need to know about V2Recovery GDPR Policy.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE WILL COLLECT
- Gender (or preferred identity).
- Date of Birth.
- Relationships & Family.
- Telephone number, and permission to send a text/leave voice message).
- Email address.
- Counselling History.
- Medical conditions relevant to counselling.
- Prescribed medication.
- Session summary.
HOW WE WILL STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- Paper: written notes (described below).
- Smartphone: I will store your contact information in a plain-text note app that backs up to my private Google Drive. This allows me to contact you in case of emergencies, but keeps from revealing this information to other applications (i.e. not using a Contacts app).
- Email/SMS/signal: your email address and correspondence will be stored in my email account (currently v2recovery.co.uk) by nature of you contacting me. Your telephone number may be stored in my phone to exchange messages.
- Website: none of your personal information is stored on my website except for the purposes of our initial contact.
DOCUMENTS WE HOLD
- Contact Sheet
- Assessment Record
- Brief Session Notes
- GDPR Agreement
- Client Code (linking documents)
- Contact name & telephone
HOW WE MAY PROCESS/SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
I seek a monthly consultation with another therapist qualified in this process. The consultation process is for my practice (rather than seeking instruction on working with you). In order to protect your privacy, my consultant will not know you personally or professionally. I will refer to you by your first name, and I may refer to you information verbally when it’s helpful to my professional processes.
Your name and contact details will be shared with my Therapeutic Executor. This is so that you will be contacted on the event of my death, should you still be in therapy with me.
If your health is in jeopardy (provided I have your consent) I may share your contact information with an emergency healthcare service (e.g. Mental Health Crisis Team).
If I have become aware of your intent to cause harm to another person/organisation (e.g. terrorism), the law may require you’re your therapist inform an authority without seeking your permission. In such a situation, the law may require that we share your personal information without your knowledge.
ERASING YOUR INFORMATION
When we have finished working together, we will erase electronic copies of your information & correspondence within one month.
We will hold onto your written information for up to seven years past the end of our working together. This is so that we have a reference of our work in situations such as you returning to counselling in the future. After this time has passed, we will shred the written information.
You have the following rights…
- To be informed what information we hold (i.e. this document).
- To see the information we hold about you (free of charge for the initial request).
- To correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal information.
- To withdraw consent to V2Recovery using your personal information.
- To request your personal information be erased (though we can decline whilst the information is needed for your therapist to practice lawfully & competently).
NB: A printed copy of this statement will be given to you when we first meet for counselling. If we agree to continue working together, we will both sign the printed copy of this statement to indicate our agreement.